Disc of the Year (and it's only January!)

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Disc of the Year (and it's only January!)

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Got my copy today of TRAILER TRAUMA 3 - 80S HORRORTHON -- and this is easily one of my favorite Blu-Rays ever released in this format!

Over 7.5 hours and 250 trailers -- and unlike the prior releases in this series, major studio releases basically comprise the set list. I'm guessing perhaps Garagehouse doesn't want to advertise that fact (I have no idea about licensing trailers, but one wonders), but everything is here. EVERYTHING. THE SHINING, THE THING, the HALLOWEEN sequels, FRIDAY THE 13TH, POLTERGEIST, ALIENS, a scope ad for TWILIGHT ZONE THE MOVIE -- you might as well just ask "is it on there?" because it'd be easier than writing out the actual play list, it's so comprehensive. Even the trailer for the infamous, banned 1981 GREAT WHITE with James Franciscus and Vic Morrow is here, too! So is the ad for SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, which I don't think I've ever seen before.

Chronologically presented yearly from 1980-89, I can't think of a more entertaining release for horror/sci-fi fans. And everything is 4K mastered from private collections, meaning (scratches and all) these are true HD...most of the trailers we get on Blu-Ray have been ported over from DVDs and are many times standard-definition.

Phenomenal fun, back from a time when selling the trailer was an artform also. The disc also includes commentary, for every one of them!

1500 copies only will be produced...I heartily endorse this for ANYONE with even a slight interest in this kind of thing. It's simply outstanding.

Garagehouse will put copies up on Amazon at some point but the easiest way to order is via DiabolikDVD.com

Paul MacLean

Re: Disc of the Year (and it's only January!)

#2 Post by Paul MacLean »

Does this disc by any chance contain an obscure TV spot for Raiders of the Lost Ark?

I only saw it once, but it was advertising the movie as a romance, using only scenes of Indy and Marian, with this subdued narration that went something like "Harrison Ford, Karen Allen. Raiders of the Lost Ark -- a modern love story." :roll:

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

That would be on their next volume -- which is supposed to be entirely dedicated to TV Spots!

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

OMG Paul, we HAVE to see this...

Paul MacLean

#5 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:OMG Paul, we HAVE to see this...
HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

And "Music by John Paul Jones"!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

That trailer is on this disc. Lol

Apparently the film was so bad Lorimar wouldn't release it...Despite it being from the writer of Fright Night and the director of countless Bronson classics lol.

I guess it's not on DVD...But here's hoping one day!

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

Haha never mind, just bought the standard def version on Vudu for $10! I will save it.

Paul MacLean

#8 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:Haha never mind, just bought the standard def version on Vudu for $10! I will save it.
Andy, you're the bomb! :mrgreen:

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

It's standard definition 4:3, but seeing as it hasn't been on video since 1986, we'll take it! :)

The other great thing about this trailer compilation is I have to estimate a third, to possibly even half, of these 250+ trailers were all narrated by Percy Rodriguez!

Though Rodriguez didn't do this particular voice over, my favorite trailer line in this is from the totally-unseen RAIDERS OF THE LIVING DEAD --
"The kid from THE TOY is grown up and he's made a laser gun from a video player!"