Secret Of NIMH remake...?!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: Secret Of NIMH remake...?!

#16 Post by AndyDursin »

Nimoy hosted a show called STANDBY LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION for Nickeoldeon back in the 80s -- it was apparently quite good, I only saw bits of it as cable wasn't available to us back then, but it was a behind-the-scenes show aimed at kids with quality footage. Ran for many years. Too bad tapes of it haven't surfaced beyond fragments like this!

Paul MacLean

#17 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 pm Nimoy hosted a show called STANDBY LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION for Nickeoldeon back in the 80s -- it was apparently quite good, I only saw bits of it as cable wasn't available to us back then, but it was a behind-the-scenes show aimed at kids with quality footage.
I hope someday that broadcast quality tapes of that show emerge. Despite being aimed at kids, Lights, Camera, Action was one of the best -- if not the best -- TV series which covered the making of movies. Their Black Cauldron feature had a brief interview with Elmer Bernstein, while the Legend segment contained footage of the lost "fairy dance" scene.

Of course, even if tapes did surface, I wonder if the licensing issues would be too much trouble for them to be released / streamed.

Monterey Jack

#18 Post by Monterey Jack »

Looks like it might be a Foxney television series instead...

https://deadline.com/2021/09/rats-of-ni ... yWKgd_PFRM