THE PREDATOR - September - "Loud" and "Senseless"

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

THE PREDATOR - September - "Loud" and "Senseless"

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack

Re: PREDATOR Sequel from Shane Black

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

"Man, you got a big kitty, man, you got a big kitty..." :lol:

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Benicio Del Toro's not happening. Instead, this guy is...

http://deadline.com/2016/10/boyd-holbro ... 201835039/
A month ago, Benecio Del Toro was said to be in early talks to star in The Predator, Fox’s reboot of the action-horror franchise. Scratch that. Sources tell Deadline that Narcos star and Wolverine threequel villain Boyd Holbrook is in negotiations for the role.

Shane Black is aboard to direct the film and pen it with his Monster Squad co-writer Fred Dekker. Black appeared in the 1987 original alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger as radioman Rick Hawkins, who is the first to be offed by that terrifying thing in the jungle.

Holbrook will co-star opposite Hugh Jackman in Logan, the upcoming Wolverine film from Fox. He’ll play the villainous Donald Pierce, a cyborg with superhuman abilities who is described as a relentless, calculating and intense head of security for a global enterprise who is set against Jackman’s clawed Wolverine/Logan hero. Holbrook also stars in Netflix’s Narcos as Steve Murphy, the DEA agent tasked with bringing down Medellin Cartel kingpin Pablo Escobar. The actor’s other recent credits include Cardboard Boxer, Jane Got a Gun, Run All Night and Gone Girl.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Interesting cast.

Down with Sterling Moore (great in PEOPLE V OJ SIMPSON as Christopher Darden), Olivia Munn and Keegan Michael Key as a change of pace. The rest? Never heard of them.
Posted on Black's Twitter page, the photo features Sterling K. Brown, Trevante Rhodes, Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Tremblay, Olivia Munn, and Keegan-Michael Key dressed as their characters, with Shane Black also in the teaser that came with this message from the director:

"Partial cast... beautiful human beings, good people. Also, killers. Cameras roll today. Follow me on Twitter for updates. Wish us luck."

The Predator is scheduled for a February 9th, 2018 theatrical release from 20th Century Fox. Black (who co-starred as the wisecracking Rick Hawkins in the original Predator) directs The Predator from a screenplay he co-wrote with Fred Dekker (Night of the Creeps and The Monster Squad—the latter being a film he also co-wrote with Black).

In addition to the main cast pictured above (and below), Thomas Jane was previously reported to be in talks to play a role in The Predator.

In a recent interview with We Got This Covered, Holbrook discussed how The Predator is not a sequel and that it's not likely that we'll see Arnold Schwarzenegger reprising his role as Dutch. We'll keep Daily Dead readers updated on further details as they are revealed.

AndyDursin

Re: THE PREDATOR - February 2018

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

No Arnold cameo in this one:
“They asked me, and I read it, and I didn’t like it — whatever they offered. So I’m not going to do that, no. Except if there’s a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won’t do that.”
http://screenrant.com/predator-2018-sha ... gger-role/

AndyDursin

Re: THE PREDATOR - February 2018

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

This can't possibly be a good sign...guess we know why the movie keeps getting bounced around the schedule too.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/240175 ... -third-act

Eric W.

Re: THE PREDATOR - September - "Extensive Reshoots For Final Act"

#7 Post by Eric W. »

No confidence in this.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

There's no reason to have any based on the release date being bounced around and news of apparently substantial reshoots.

Monterey Jack

#9 Post by Monterey Jack »

Shane Black's record as a filmmaker is pretty damn great to date, but none of his previous movies have been fudged with in post-production as extensively as this. :?

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

I still wonder what, exactly, this movie is...they haven't even showed a frame of footage yet and it's basically May.

Probably still early to say it's "troubled" but certainly sounding like it's heading there, especially if they keep moving around the schedule.

Monterey Jack

#11 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:32 pm I still wonder what, exactly, this movie is...they haven't even showed a frame of footage yet and it's basically May.
Shades of Dark Shadows, which didn't have a trailer cut until barely two months before it hit theaters. :shock: Now, I really like Dark Shadows and think it's underrated, so maybe The Predator has more of Black's quirky humor than series fans were expecting, and that's what's causing Fox to panic at the last minute...?

I'm a big Black fan, so I'm willing to see this regardless.

AndyDursin

#12 Post by AndyDursin »

Reshoots are common as we know, but "major alterations" to a movie's final act are a whole other matter. I mean, if 3/4 of the movie's last 30 minutes have had to be redone, that's usually not a tonal issue -- that's a structural shift to the film's screenplay and dramatic arc. Which, if true, obviously makes you think the film has serious problems and didn't "stick the landing" among other things.

I'm not quite as bullish on Black's directorial work (especially Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss, which I thought were both overrated myself), but certainly he's got a lot of experience...it's really impossible to know what specifically the problem is. I do know I thought PREDATORS sucked, so I'm not going sight unseen into this unless it seems to have some kind of pulse. Really the only good movie to have a Predator in it is, well, PREDATOR. :lol:

AndyDursin

#13 Post by AndyDursin »

Trailer's finally out.

Shot in Vancouver -- and looks it too. Has that rainy, forest-y, overcast look like the last two APES movies (and so many Syfy Channel shows)

Can't get a good read one way or another, but it certainly doesn't get me all excited.

AndyDursin

Re: THE PREDATOR - September - Trailer's Finally Out

#14 Post by AndyDursin »

Watched another trailer.

Is it too late for Netflix to buy it?

AndyDursin

Re: THE PREDATOR - September - Trailer's Finally Out

#15 Post by AndyDursin »

Olivia Munn gets a scene deleted from the movie, days before its release, because the actor she played opposite has a lewd background -- which Shane Black was aware of (he was a friend of his that he was trying to help out).

Probably NOT the publicity you want a week before release...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mo ... story.html