INCREDIBLE HULK, More Coming to Blu-Ray (UK)

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

INCREDIBLE HULK, More Coming to Blu-Ray (UK)

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Saving pennies, hope the pound stays low.

Fabulous Films UK announced these will be coming by year's end to Blu-Ray in England:
- The A-Team: The Complete Series
- Knight Rider: The Complete Series
- Miami Vice: The Complete Series
- Magnum P.I.: The Complete Series
- The Incredible Hulk: The Complete Series

DavidBanner

Re: INCREDIBLE HULK, More Coming to Blu-Ray (UK)

#2 Post by DavidBanner »

I have a feeling these are the same transfers being used for the US release of Miami Vice on Blu-ray this fall.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

No doubt they are. They've also been streaming on Netflix in HD at various times for years also.

DavidBanner

#4 Post by DavidBanner »

I think the copies of those shows on Hulu have HD roots but there's a bunch of compression, and Hulu is also using Vice episodes that still have the bugs for CLOO...

I'll be happy to pick up the Miami Vice Blu-rays here this fall, unless the thought is that the British set will handle the compression better than Mill Creek...

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

I would imagine the UK set may have better compression but it is also likely to be literally 2-3 times more expensive. I ended up buying the Airwolf Mill Creek set for $38 from Deep Discount after a couple of weeks and I'd bet similar deals will be online with both MC's Knight Rider and Miami Vice sets in time. Some of Fabulous UK's prices are extremely high at times so I wouldn't expect them to be priced similarly. Hope I'm wrong though! :)

John Johnson

#6 Post by John Johnson »

British label Fabulous Films has announced that it will release on Blu-ray The A-Team: The Complete Series. The 22-disc Blu-ray box set will be available for purchase on October 17.

Synopsis: Sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit, these four commandos escaped from a maximum-security stockade and now survive in the Los Angeles underground as soldiers of fortune. Join B.A, Hannibal, Murdock and Face in all 97 episodes from all 5 seasons of this groundbreaking show, now fully restored and in high-definition.

So, if you have a problem and there's no one else who can help, and if you think you can find them, maybe you can hire The A-Team. Starring George Peppard, Dwight Schultz, Mr. T, and Dirk Benedict.

Episodes directed by: Michael O'Herlihy, Dennis Donnelly, Craig R. Baxley, David Hemmings, Tony Mordente, Arnold Laven, Christian I. Nyby II, Ron Satlof, Sidney Hayers, Gilbert M. Shilton, Bruce Kessler, Guy Magar, Bernard McEveety, Chuck Bowman, Rod Holcomb, Ivan Dixon, James Fargo, Michael Vejar, Nicholas Sgarro, Bob Bralver, James Darren, Les Sheldon, John Peter Kousakis.

Special Features:
Rumours of Soldiers of Fortune: Interview with Stephen J. Cannell
The Great 80's TV Flashback

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19810
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

150 GBP on A Team puts it over $200.

Think I'll pass and hope the Hulk shows up in another country. Lol

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

I ended up picking this up from Amazon UK as the price went down to 89 GBP (75 GBP after VAT removal) -- got it today....Merry Christmas from the post office!! :twisted:

Miraculous news is it somehow managed to survive that destruction intact with just a tiny bit of indentation to one of the slipcover box corners. Discs and individual cases are all fine.

I chatted with Amazon UK and they were going to send off a replacement, but would've required me to ship this one back, and then contact them with the receipt for postage reimbursal. Having done that once before with Amazon.fr (I had to contact them repeatedly about receiving the reimubrsement for postage), I will pass and be thankful this got here at all.

Remind me to stop ordering anything around Christmas time...especially from overseas. I have an outstanding order from Grooves (Germany) shipped on 12-8 I've yet to receive.

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

Amazon UK gave me $25 back...feel good now. lol