RIP Miguel Ferrer

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Eric W.

RIP Miguel Ferrer

#1 Post by Eric W. »

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/miguel- ... 27976.html

Always like him and his work. Only 61. Friggin' cancer. :(

AndyDursin

Re: RIP Miguel Ferrer

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Shame. He was great in particular on TWIN PEAKS.

Paul MacLean

#3 Post by Paul MacLean »

I've never been a huge television watcher (and tend towards British shows anyway) so I am not familiar with a lot of his work on the small screen. But his performance in RoboCop was surpassingly impressive, and he played the opportunistic, money-grubbing SOB to the hilt.

Tragic that he passed away so young, especially considering the ripe old age to which has father lived.

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

I always crack up thinking of the following line from Hot Shots! Part Deux (it's Ferrer's smile at the end that kills me):

Ferrer was one of those great "That Guy" character actors who you could always count on to enliven even the most dire movies simply by his presence. Robocop is of course one of his great roles (the quintessential 80's yuppie scumbag), but I also loved him in Steven Soderbergh's Traffic and the TV miniseries The Stand. Another familiar face I'll miss seeing in movies. :(
Last edited by Monterey Jack on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eric W.

#5 Post by Eric W. »

^^ Oh man I loved that. I haven't seen that movie in years. :lol:

We just don't have those kinds of fun, crackpot, lighthearted romps any more.

Monterey Jack

#6 Post by Monterey Jack »

Eric W. wrote: We just don't have those kinds of fun, crackpot, lighthearted romps any more.
Sadly, spoof movies have devolved into the craptastic likes of Epic Movie, Meet The Spartans and The Starving Games over the last decade. :( Whatever happened to the days of Airplane!, Top Secret! or The Naked Gun?

Eric W.

#7 Post by Eric W. »

Monterey Jack wrote:Whatever happened to the days of Airplane!, Top Secret! or The Naked Gun?
All that went to the same place the good music and a bunch of other things I could harp on went. ;)