Criterion - 50% Off Flash Sale

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Criterion - 50% Off Flash Sale

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Sorry for the lateness in posting -- this is live now though Noon time only (EST)

Promo Code LOVE for 50% off

http://www.criterion.com/

KevinEK

Re: Criterion - 50% Off Flash Sale

#2 Post by KevinEK »

I've jumped on this to get caught up.

Last year, the sale didn't come until September.

I'm learning with Criterion and Barnes & Noble to wait for these sales. I used to make these purchases monthly - they've trained me to just compile a list of what interests me and eventually there will be a sale like this that will make it much more worthwhile.

AndyDursin

Re: Criterion - 50% Off Flash Sale

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm right with you Kevin. I never had to worry about sales until Criterion switched PR agencies last year. The new people, instead of sending 2-3 titles out a month to most outlets, now graciously send 1 title every month...and even better, whatever you list as your "lesser priority" is the one they always fill. lol (First World problems as they say, but it's frustrating. I really don't understand what their function or mission is -- or what good it does Criterion to send out a solitary title each month for review. Why even bother at this rate?)

Bottom line is -- I'm in the same boat now, so these sales work well when you've waited and there are a handful of titles you want to pick up (last fall I bought CAT PEOPLE, IN LAWS and both VALLEY OF THE DOLLS). I realize B&N has their sales but I'm not charged sales tax with the Criterion sale, plus you do get a $50 Gift Certificate at Criterion once you hit the $500 mark...at this rate, I may just get there in 2018.

Most discs are $20 with the markdown so the price is right. Also, if you didn't buy the individual releases, this CLASSIC HITCHCOCK box is a great buy:

https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/1168- ... tocomplete

With the coupon it's $47 for 4 Blu-Rays that are at least $20 each with the sale (LADY VANISHES, FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT, MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, 39 STEPS).