Bob Iger: "Decade and a Half" More DISNEYSTARWARS to Come

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Bob Iger: "Decade and a Half" More DISNEYSTARWARS to Come

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

So far they've shown they've got nothing new to say -- but hopefully the next two dozen installments will change things!
“We’re just starting to talk about what happens to Star Wars after [Episode] 9. It’s way too early, and certainly nothing that I can reveal, but we’ve got a creative team actually thinking about what could be another decade and a half of Star Wars stories. It’s kind of mind-blowing to spend an afternoon with a creative team talking about that. Where could you go, where should we go?”
http://www.slashfilm.com/15-years-of-fu ... rs-movies/

mkaroly

Re: Bob Iger: "Decade and a Half" More DISNEYSTARWARS to Come

#2 Post by mkaroly »

They will go to a writer who will craftily write in an Imperial weapon that suspiciously appears to be a Death Star in different guise...AGAIN. And again...and again.

Eric W.

#3 Post by Eric W. »

We all knew this was the way it was going to be. ;)

Disney + Star Wars = run something into the ground in an obligatory fashion to keep the $$$$ train going in a fashion never before seen. Cinderella 3 anyone? :lol:

Marketing and merchandising off the charts.

I can guarantee you they will tax even the most die hard of Star Wars fans as this continues on.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

I am guessing there will be a tran-troooper in one of these. Knowing Disney, they will find a way!

Paul MacLean

#5 Post by Paul MacLean »

The Force Awakens was perfectly entertaining, but more as an homage to Star Wars, rather than any kind of substantial continuation of the saga. And I don't even consider Rogue One a Star Wars movie. R1 is a gritty, pretentiously "morally ambiguous" action flick (which happens to have the same art direction and costumes as Star Wars), but couldn't be further removed from the kind of old-fashioned romantic adventure that Star Wars actually is.

My interest in Star Wars films these days is motivated by one factor -- the chance to hear a new John Williams score. Other than that I could not care less about these new films. And to be honest, I wish Williams had scored Mad Max Fury Road instead of The Force Awakens!