Linda Fiorentino, Whatever Happened To...

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Linda Fiorentino, Whatever Happened To...

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Always wondered how this woman went from the likes of VISION QUEST to a major starring role in MEN IN BLACK to nowhere. Well, I guess this explains it...
Do you want to know how you can go from an A list mostly movie actress who everyone calls the next big thing and has directors lining up to work with you and then have it all gone in an instant? And when I mean all gone, I mean it was all gone. There is no more working for her at all. No straight to on demand. No guest spot in television. She went from everything to nothing because she ticked off the wrong people. There was no one that was left unscathed. Our actress hit her box office peak in one of the biggest movies of all time. It was also the beginning of the end and she wasn't invited back for the sequel. She was that toxic. She slept with directors and producers of both sexes and then she would talk bad about them to the next person she slept with. She was a pain to work with on every set she ever stepped foot on and was always late and usually half in the bag. She had really large weight fluctuations and whenever anyone would cross her about any of her issues she would pull out her phone and call one of the people she was sleeping with and threaten them if they didn't do something about the person giving her grief. It was as if the entire world banded together to keep her out of any other movies and no one has ever gone back on it. There was one brief attempt by our actress to mount a comeback in a film about a half decade ago after a five year absence, but the movie was bought by a company specifically so it would never see the light of day.
http://crazydaysandnights.net/2014/06/t ... eople.html

Paul MacLean

Re: Linda Fiorentino, Whatever Happened To...

#2 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:There was one brief attempt by our actress to mount a comeback in a film about a half decade ago after a five year absence, but the movie was bought by a company specifically so it would never see the light of day.
Wow!

I read a book on directing last year and one of the things the author (a director himself) adamantly stressed was "be a mensch" (that's Yiddish for all-round nice guy). He pointed specifically to Arthur Hiller, who apparently was one of the nicest people in Hollywood. Hiller didn't make a lot of blockbusters -- but he always seemed to get work!

AndyDursin

Re: Linda Fiorentino, Whatever Happened To...

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

It's true! Also apparently explains how Shawn Levy, widely called a "nice guy," keeps getting work after making the awful PINK PANTHER remake! lol

Fiorentino must have burned EVERY bridge. Her career came to a dead stop. :shock: