Jaws -- re-scored by Hans Zimmer!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Paul MacLean

Jaws -- re-scored by Hans Zimmer!

#1 Post by Paul MacLean »

I guess this is a few years old, but I only just came across it -- Jon & Al Kaplan's terrifying (and hilarious!) take on how Hans Zimmer might have scored the climax and finale of Jaws...

Though what's sad is that it makes you realize just how much is missing from many Zimmer-scored movies (and how it easy it is for any capable musicians to do his shtick).

AndyDursin

Re: Jaws -- re-scored by Hans Zimmer!

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

That's what we're talking about when we say the bar has been lowered. People know exactly what a movie will sound like in 2017, how the music will function and how interchangeable it will be with any other kind of score. Whether it's Zimmer or any one of a dozen (or more) other people, there's just nothing to film music today other than functioning as white noise, spoonfeeding viewers nondescript sound. Pretty much, at least.

Eric W.

#5 Post by Eric W. »

Zimmer has even gone down by his own standards. Yeah, yeah I know... but seriously.

Easy case in point: His first two Dan Brown movie scores vs that latest one, Angels and Demons. Good grief.

Sadly it's as we've all repeatedly stated: It really doesn't matter who the composer is any more with very few and occasional and stray exceptions.

It really feels like when Goldsmith, Horner, Poledouris, Kamen, etc. and bunch of these other guys died... film music died with them. I'm going to call it out for what it is.

We still have Williams but let's face it: The old gent doesn't have the fire any more and hasn't for some time IMO.

See anyone else like them coming up? Neither do I. A couple of people I've eyeballed waiting for them to "go to the next level" and it's just never happened and I guess never will because it doesn't have to.

I can't even imagine what those guys could even score in this day and age although they would have beefed up all the comic book movies I suppose.