The Wolfman (2010) (R1/US BD) in June

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

The Wolfman (2010) (R1/US BD) in June

#1 Post by John Johnson »

Universal Studios Home Entertainment have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of The Wolfman on 1st June 2010. Anthony Hopkins and Benicio Del Toro star in this film inspired by the 1941 classic.

Available on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, both will include the original theatrical cut (103mins) and the unrated director’s cut (119mins). Features are outlined below…

DVD
Theatrical and Unrated Cuts
1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
English, French and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
English Audio Description
English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
Deleted and Extended Scenes

Blu-ray Disc
Theatrical and Unrated Cuts
1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
French and Spanish 5.1 DTS Surround
English Audio Description
English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
Deleted and Extended Scenes
Stream the 1941 classic The Wolf Man through BD-Live, pocket BLU app and UniversalHiDef.com
2 Alternate Endings
Return of The Wolfman: This featurette will look at how Anthony Hopkins, Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt, Joe Johnston and the creative team behind this new retelling have tapped into the tragic roots of legend and cinematic lore to unleash a new terror for today’s audience.
The Beast Maker: A detailed look at how make-up wizard Rick Baker transformed a classic monster into a modern nightmare!
Transformation Secrets: Whether transforming werewolves, producing hallucinogenic nightmares or recreating the fog-covered streets of Victorian London, this featurette will look at how the visual effects team has created a haunting world of moonlit monsters and unsettling thrills.
The Wolfman Unleashed: The team behind the stunt and action units share the physical challenges of bringing the Wolfman to life and creating a series of intense and action-oriented set pieces, climaxing with the dynamic werewolf battle at Talbot Hall.
pocket BLU app, social BLU & U-Control features
Werewolf Legacy, Lore and Legend: This feature gives viewers a visual tour through more than seventy years of Universal’s Wolf Man films and thousands of years of werewolf mythology.
Take Control: Special Makeup Artist Rick Baker , Visual Effects Producer Karen Murphy-Mundell and Director of Photography Shelly Johnson ASC take control of the viewing experience in this unique feature, offering a personal visual commentary by engaging with select scenes of the film to reveal details of the filmmaking process.

For a limited time the Blu-ray will also include a Digital Copy of the film.

http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.co.uk/c ... -june.html
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Surprising it's only 17 extra minutes, but I'm betting it's going to help the film a great deal...Max Von Sydow ought to there this time!!

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

The UK artwork for the limited edition steelbook is different.

http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.co.uk/c ... -june.html

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

I dont collect Steelbooks but when they're for movies I might actually buy, I'd consider it.

I just wish they didnt put huge rating logos on the front of UK/European/Australian discs. They really detract from the artwork.

John Johnson

#5 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:I dont collect Steelbooks but when they're for movies I might actually buy, I'd consider it.

I just wish they didnt put huge rating logos on the front of UK/European/Australian discs. They really detract from the artwork.
Under guidelines set out by the BBFC, all releases in the UK have to carry a certification.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:I dont collect Steelbooks but when they're for movies I might actually buy, I'd consider it.

Under guidelines set out by the BBFC, all releases in the UK have to carry a certification.
It's the same if you order a disc from Australia or Germany, they put this ridiculously oversized rating stamp on the front cover of their discs too. Detracts from the cover art IMO -- one area where we've got an edge in that department :)

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:
John Johnson wrote:

It's the same if you order a disc from Australia or Germany, they put this ridiculously oversized rating stamp on the front cover of their discs too. Detracts from the cover art IMO -- one area where we've got an edge in that department :)
I guess there's good and bad with every region. My personal complaint would be the digi-packs. I'm also against the double sided discs. And while I'm at it, why do the studios insist on a digital copy with the BD discs? That's so annoying.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:
John Johnson wrote: Under guidelines set out by the BBFC, all releases in the UK have to carry a certification.
I guess there's good and bad with every region. My personal complaint would be the digi-packs. I'm also against the double sided discs. And while I'm at it, why do the studios insist on a digital copy with the BD discs? That's so annoying.
For cover art purposes I think the fact we dont have to plaster PG-13 over a third of the lower corner of a front DVD cover is a good thing. It's the one hang up I have with imports.

I've also noticed a bunch of the Warner Blu Ray double feature discs are being issued as standalone titles overseas -- you can pay more for FRANTIC by itself there than if you bought FRANTIC and PRESUMED INNOCENT here together. Not that you'd want either one, necessarily, but they're getting a raw deal in that regard too.

The Digibook deal I like, myself (the Warner hardback titles) -- the digital copy is there so the studios can beat the torrent people to the punch. I could care less about the digital copies but as long as they don't drive the price up I'm ok with it...just throw it out ;)

John Johnson

#9 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:
John Johnson wrote:
AndyDursin wrote: It's the same if you order a disc from Australia or Germany, they put this ridiculously oversized rating stamp on the front cover of their discs too. Detracts from the cover art IMO -- one area where we've got an edge in that department :)
For cover art purposes I think the fact we dont have to plaster PG-13 over a third of the lower corner of a front DVD cover is a good thing. It's the one hang up I have with imports.

I've also noticed a bunch of the Warner Blu Ray double feature discs are being issued as standalone titles overseas -- you can pay more for FRANTIC by itself there than if you bought FRANTIC and PRESUMED INNOCENT here together. Not that you'd want either one, necessarily, but they're getting a raw deal in that regard too.

The Digibook deal I like, myself (the Warner hardback titles) -- the digital copy is there so the studios can beat the torrent people to the punch. I could care less about the digital copies but as long as they don't drive the price up I'm ok with it...just throw it out ;)
It's not the digibooks I have problem with, but the digipacks. The ones that have season box sets like Battlestar Galactica, Merlin and Torchwood to name but a few. The cheap packaging just turns me off having that release. If I'm going to buy a title, I want the box to last longer than five minutes.