The Big Valley Remake.

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

The Big Valley Remake.

#1 Post by John Johnson »

Susan Sarandon is in talks to become the matriarch of the Barkley clan.

Kate Edelman Johnson is producing a feature film version of "The Big Valley," based on the TV show created by her late father, producer Louis F. Edelman, and writer A.I. Bezzerides. The Western series, which ran on ABC from 1965-69, starred Barbara Stanwyck as the matriarch of a ranching family in the 1870s San Joaquin Valley.

Sarandon would take on the part of Victoria Barkley, originated by Stanwyck.

Edelman Johnson's producing partner, Daniel Adams ("The Lightkeepers"), has written the feature screenplay and will direct. Johnson and Adams' Panther Entertainment will produce, with a May start date planned for principal photography in Michigan and New Mexico.

"I am so thrilled to be filming this project, not only to honor my father and Miss Stanwyck but to bring a great woman's part to the screen as head of this historical family saga," Edelman Johnson said.

Fox, which distributes the TV show on DVD, has first option on the North American distribution rights to the feature project. Sales agent Arclight Films will rep the film internationally, beginning with the European Film Market at the Berlin International Film Festival, which begins today.

The ICM-repped Sarandon last appeared in "The Lovely Bones" and will next be seen in the Oliver Stone-directed sequel "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps," which Fox will release in April.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 08b5addc98
Last edited by John Johnson on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
London. Greatest City in the world.

Eric Paddon

#2 Post by Eric Paddon »

"Fox, which distributes the TV show on DVD,"

Correction. Fox, which keeps more than half of the show shelved and hidden from the light of a DVD release even leaving a season abandoned midway!

The only reason I'd have for supporting this dubious idea is that it might get Fox to finally resume the series on DVD at long last. It and "Dragnet" are my top two titles of classic shows stalled forever on DVD.

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

Eric Paddon wrote:"Fox, which distributes the TV show on DVD,"

Correction. Fox, which keeps more than half of the show shelved and hidden from the light of a DVD release even leaving a season abandoned midway!

The only reason I'd have for supporting this dubious idea is that it might get Fox to finally resume the series on DVD at long last. It and "Dragnet" are my top two titles of classic shows stalled forever on DVD.
I guess not even The Hollywood Reporter can get things right. LOL

John Johnson

#4 Post by John Johnson »

Variety reports that Travis Fimmel, Lorraine Nicholson, Lee Majors, Jason Alan Smith and Bruce Dern have joined the indie drama THE BIG VALLEY.
The project is a film version of the classic Barbara Stanwyck-led 1960s ABC series. Jessica Lange will take on Stanwyck's role of Victoria Barkley, the widowed matriarch of a wealthy family of ranchers in 19th century California.
Majors, who played Heath Barkley in the series, plays the dead patriarch Tom Barkley in the film. Nicholson will play the role of sole daughter Audra, Dern portrays Judge Adams.
Stephen Moyer also stars as the eldest son Jarrod. Smith and Fimmel will likely portray the hot-tempered middle son Nick and the illegitimate youngest son Heath respectively.
Daniel Adams wrote the screenplay and will both direct and produce alongside Straw Weisman and Steven J. Brandman.
Shooting kicks off July 26th in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

http://www.isnnews.net/

Eric Paddon

#5 Post by Eric Paddon »

If Fox doesn't at least give us the rest of Season 2 on DVD as a tie-in with this, then there's no reason for it!