The New Lois Lane....UGHHHHHHHHHHH....

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

The New Lois Lane....UGHHHHHHHHHHH....

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Well, MY Lois Lane is Erica Durance. ;)

But the new movie's Lois is apparently down to --

Kristen Stewart
Glee star Dianna Agron
Rachel McAdams
Jessica Biel
Malin Akerman

Seriously, Great Caesars Ghost -- Kristen Stewart??!!? Is this Superman for the Twilight kids??

McAdams would be my pick from that roster, but she's been burned by the super-hero genre before when she tested for Fantastic Four.

Sigh. None of them have got anything on Erica Durance....

Monterey Jack

Re: The New Lois Lane....UGHHHHHHHHHHH....

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Agreed totally on Erica Durance, Andy. :D That said, my favorite Lois is probably Dana Delaney's sassy, gorgeous 'toon version of the Superman animated series from the 90's.

As for the current crop of contenders, I'd pick Rachel McAdams by a mile. Cute, intelligent, charming, just old enough to convince as a seasoned journalist (unlike teen mom Kate Bosworth :shock: ) yet young enough to get a few sequels out of the role if the film is successful enough. Stewart is both too young (wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-y too frickin' young...did Lois join the Daily Planet staff at age twelve? :? ) and too mopey/catatonic. Biel is gorgeous, but I doubt she could pull off "brainy", and Lois should be attractive, but not distractingly so. Akerman? I've only seen her in Watchmen, and she left little impression on me (even in the looks department). And I wouldn't watch Glee if my life depended on it.

Go with McAdams.

mkaroly

#3 Post by mkaroly »

I predict they go with the GLEE star just because GLEE is a phenomenon and will attract age-specific audiences who love GLEE. Stewart is a train wreck and a loser, IMO. No chance for her getting it.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

mkaroly wrote:I predict they go with the GLEE star just because GLEE is a phenomenon and will attract age-specific audiences who love GLEE. Stewart is a train wreck and a loser, IMO. No chance for her getting it.
The girl from Glee would be better than Kristen Stewart. She's ALL WRONG. Almost Kate Bosworth wrong!

Paul MacLean

#5 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:The girl from Glee would be better than Kristen Stewart. She's ALL WRONG. Almost Kate Bosworth wrong!

"Are we flying Superman? Far out..."
Last edited by Paul MacLean on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Apparently Olivia Wilde from TRON LEGACY is testing too. She'd be a definite step up from Stewart.

mkaroly

#7 Post by mkaroly »

AndyDursin wrote:Apparently Olivia Wilde from TRON LEGACY is testing too. She'd be a definite step up from Stewart.
Betty White is a step up from Stewart...lol...seriously, Stewart is not someone I would pay to see in a film if I had a choice.