Amazon "Can Not Ship To United States" Tag on (Many) Media Items

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Amazon "Can Not Ship To United States" Tag on (Many) Media Items

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Just a heads-up that Amazon's "prioritizing essential items" initiative appears to be going worldwide and is impacting imports from Amazon UK and Amazon Germany -- at least for the moment.

For example, you can't place a new order for a few Blu-Rays I preordered at Amazon Germany -- meanwhile an awful lot of media items at Amazon UK and Amazon.de are also now tagged as "Can Not Ship to United States" on them.

John Johnson

Re: Amazon "Can Not Ship To United States" Tag on (Many) Media Items

#2 Post by John Johnson »

I see a lot of that myself. Amazon Australia have also listed this too.
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Amazon Australia never ships to the US (At least not any media items)

This definitely is some kind of virus-related decision for the time being for the European Amazons though at least my amazon.de preorder is still standing.

John Johnson

#4 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 pm Amazon Australia never ships to the US (At least not any media items)

This definitely is some kind of virus-related decision for the time being for the European Amazons though at least my amazon.de preorder is still standing.
There are some, although you would be hard pressed to find them. Most of the Australian Doctor Who titles seem to be available. I usually try them, when I can't locate them. I've had to give up trying to get the Blu-ray editions. I don't like the UK digipaks, and the Australian releases seem to be the same. I did consider the US version, because I favoured their boxes, however, the titles on their boxes is wrong, so I decided against it.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Good to know, I confess I've looked there only briefly and nothing I wanted shipped here. With Ebay always being a good source for Aussie imports (and Amazon US also) there are ample options for Aussie discs. JB Hifi is more reliable also in how they ship items out than they used to be -- I think they learned items need to ship individually and not bundled in larger packages. (I've never had a lot of "lost items" in internet purchases but the ones that happened were from Australia like 80% of the time; both from them and EzyDVD, who doesn't ship internationally now undoubtedly for that reason).

It costs more than it used to, but it's still pretty cheap.

andy b

#6 Post by andy b »

Don't know if this helps but for Australia I use Sanity, link below. Wait for them to drop items in the sale & then on check out they take off the taxes, so it makes quite cheap imports for me in Canada.

www.sanity.com.au

regards
Andy b

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:12 pm Good to know, I confess I've looked there only briefly and nothing I wanted shipped here. With Ebay always being a good source for Aussie imports (and Amazon US also) there are ample options for Aussie discs. JB Hifi is more reliable also in how they ship items out than they used to be -- I think they learned items need to ship individually and not bundled in larger packages. (I've never had a lot of "lost items" in internet purchases but the ones that happened were from Australia like 80% of the time; both from them and EzyDVD, who doesn't ship internationally now undoubtedly for that reason).

It costs more than it used to, but it's still pretty cheap.
The only problem I had with JB Hi-Fi, was a damaged copy of Blake's 7 Series D. After contacting their customer service, they shipped a replacement copy to me which arrived rather quickly.