Tim Burton Remaking ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Tim Burton Remaking ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

The original was awful, the Daryl Hannah HBO remake likewise bad...sad to see Burton wasting his time with this. I literally couldn't think of a remake I'd want to see less even with "camp value" and all being thrust into it.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/tim-burton ... 1235811350

Eric Paddon

Re: Tim Burton Remaking ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN

#2 Post by Eric Paddon »

For all the hype the original has gotten as a cult film over the decades, it is really a BORING movie. You get sixty minutes of tedium and the ballyhooed F/X stuff only take up the last ten minutes or less basically.

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

I dunno...the last time Burton riffed on cheesy 50s sci-fi, we got the gleefully bonkers Mars Attacks!.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Lot more potential for laughs in MARS ATTACKS -- and a way different kind of property really. The original movie here was awful, and as Eric says, boring as hell. One of the worst of all the bad '50s sci-fi films and not something that was "so bad its good," it was just terrible with a transparent story line that just wasn't interesting.

You don't even need to hear what their plans are because it'll reek of "feminist empowerment" stuff because that was already lathered into the original AND the Daryl Hannah version. Weak woman with a cheating husband gets her due by becoming massive and empowering herself -- been there done that already.

I can tell you straight up, there's no way I would pay to see this. There are so many other films he could've remade, this is the last thing I'd want to watch he or anyone do at this point.