GODZILLA X KONG - The "Colorcast" is Back

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
mkaroly

Re: GODZILLA X KONG - The "Colorcast" is Back

#16 Post by mkaroly »

Wildly entertaining...very pleased. The US leg of the Godzilla franchise has been enjoyable for me (except the abomination that was called Godzilla in 1998). The monster battles are fantastic...and I agree Andy that this film is definitely a kid's movie. I also agree that this has been a banner season for Godzilla fans...MINUS ONE was amazing and GxK is a great spectacle that delivers the goods.

Does ny of this story tie into the TV series?

I also thought it was super cool to have a Titan named Tiamat...appropriately named and colored. Loved the nod to Enuma Elish and ANE creation mythologies!

AndyDursin

#17 Post by AndyDursin »

No, not a single thing Michael! Which is why I was so critical of that series, because it was aimed at adults and filled with superfluous story elements like the insane Millenial love triangle and whiny, annoying characters. The two or three episodes where no minsters showed up were painful to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was canceled as it stylistically and otherwise has zip to do with these films and this one especially. The less Monarch the better seems to be the answer for this series.

AndyDursin

#18 Post by AndyDursin »

Outstanding

AndyDursin

#19 Post by AndyDursin »

Praise from Kojima!