New Warner Archive - More TARZANs, 80s Comedies

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

New Warner Archive - More TARZANs, 80s Comedies

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Lots of fetching new Warner Archives titles this week.

The 5-disc TARZAN set ($50) offers the remaining (?) Jock Mahoney-Mike Henry titles:

http://www.wbshop.com/Tarzan-Films-Star ... ARCHIVENEW

A good selection of mostly '80s comedies includes:

-IN THE MOOD - terrific '40s period comedy with Patrick Dempsey; great swing score by Ralph Burns; directed by Phil Alden Robinson

-SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN - early Jennifer Connelly comedy produced by Francis Ford Coppola's Zoetrope Studios

-BERT RIGBY YOU'RE A FOOL - Carl Reiner musical-comedy with Robert Lindsay

-ISLAND OF LOVE - Robert Preston/Tony Randall/Walter Matthau comedy

http://www.wbshop.com/New-Releases/ARCH ... lt,sc.html

Titles are $15 if you're a "WB Insider" (i.e. register on the site), CABINWB gives $5 off $50

Eric Paddon

#2 Post by Eric Paddon »

Placed my order right away (along with "City Beneath The Sea")! That means the only Tarzan movie still MIA on DVD is the 1959 Denny Miller "Tarzan The Ape Man" with its poor recycled footage from the oriignal and bizarre music score. (Though I would prefer Warner give us the Ron Ely TV series instead on DVD).

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

I've seen that TARZAN -- bizarro! I assume they'll get to it sooner than later.

I would've placed my order but I'm awaiting a new credit card since I left mine at a local pub the other night at dinner. By the time they called to tell me they found it (had to have left it in the bill folder when the check came), I'd already canceled it. D'oh!

Monterey Jack

Re: New Warner Archive - More TARZANs, 80s Comedies

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote:-SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN - early Jennifer Connelly comedy produced by Francis Ford Coppola's Zoetrope Studios

I'd like to spend seven minutes in heaven with the young Jennifer Connelly... :D :wink:

AndyDursin

Re: New Warner Archive - More TARZANs, 80s Comedies

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:-SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN - early Jennifer Connelly comedy produced by Francis Ford Coppola's Zoetrope Studios

I'd like to spend seven minutes in heaven with the young Jennifer Connelly... :D :wink:
MJ never ceases to make me laugh. I love it!! :lol: :lol: But, I think the CAREER OPPORTUNITIES Jen was pretty much the apex of her physique. ;)

John Johnson

#6 Post by John Johnson »

London. Greatest City in the world.

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

Some of the Warner Archives titles are reduced at Deepdiscount.com
Coupon code is Green10.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/warner-bros ... aign=23553
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

You can pretty much get those prices all the time on Warner's site, provided you sign up for the WB Insider (free) account. Everything defaults to $14.99 or thereabouts.

In fact, some of the 2-disc sets are cheaper on Warner's site or have been. The only good deal is that if you only want 1 title or so, since the Archive charges shipping up until a certain point.