The Bionic Woman/SMDM - DVD Release?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

The Bionic Woman/SMDM - DVD Release?

#1 Post by John Johnson »

Anyone who has been waiting impatiently for the original version of The Bionic Woman to come out on DVD has heard rumblings about its release for a while, but Universal has exclusively announced to EW that the series’ first season will be hitting shelves in October. …And everyone who scoffed at the remake cheered!

I’ve watched a few episodes of the original Bionic Woman on Hulu (called Bionic Woman Classic — scoff, again) and have been meaning to watch more, but I only watch marathon shows when they’re on DVD to avoid brainwashing myself with the five or so 30-second commercial spots that seem to play in a loop on streaming sites. So this news thrilled me to no end. I’m glad I held out and waited for all those rumored legal issues to be worked out. Creator Kenneth Johnson even said via his website weeks back that he was recording commentary for an episode. (As well as for an episode of Six Million Dollar Man, which is also headed for stores, he told EW earlier this month.)

That said, how are you going to celebrate the official announcement and your subsequent victory as fans of classic TV, PopWatchers? No parachuting. Okay?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/30/the-o ... s-rejoice/

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bionic ... nced/13834
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

People hated the remake but Michelle Ryan was pretty cute.

Too bad they pulled the plug right when it started to get interesting when Starbuck showed up...so maybe it wasn't good, but it wasn't as bad as a lot of junk on TV these days.

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:People hated the remake but Michelle Ryan was pretty cute.
She was quite hot in the Doctor Who special - Planet of the Dead. Pity they didn't keep her around for longer.

John Johnson

#4 Post by John Johnson »

It's been a while since BSX released any Joe Harnell CDs.