TRIUMPHS OF A MAN CALLED HORSE Opening Credits

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

TRIUMPHS OF A MAN CALLED HORSE Opening Credits

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

...just had to upload the first 10 minutes from this disastrous, grade Z "conclusion" to the MAN CALLED HORSE trilogy. It includes the hilarious Rita Coolidge "Lite Rock" theme song and nearly half of Richard Harris' contribution to the film as well.

Enjoy!

Paul MacLean

#2 Post by Paul MacLean »

The original Man Called Horse contained one of Leonard Rosenman's best scores, and the sequel and even better one by Laurence Rosenthal. Someone explain how they could go from those two guys to a Rita Coolidge song? :?

A Turkey Called Horse is more like it! :lol:

mkaroly

#3 Post by mkaroly »

The buffalo stampede reminded me of ED WOOD. :D

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

mkaroly wrote:The buffalo stampede reminded me of ED WOOD. :D
"Wait...PULL THE STRING! PULL THE STRING!" :lol:

Paul MacLean

#5 Post by Paul MacLean »

And what was John Alcott doing photographing this movie? :?

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

I noticed Alcott also shot the immortal VICE SQUAD right afterwards -- another movie for producer Sandy Howard.

Strange kind of career, looks like he came to the U.S. and took whatever work he could get. I mean, TERROR TRAIN is quite a comedown from Kubrick!

Then some of his later movies - WHITE WATER SUMMER? MIRACLES? BABY - SECRET OF THE LOST LEGEND looks like a masterwork compared to those (literally, lol).

Paul MacLean

#7 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:I noticed Alcott also shot the immortal VICE SQUAD right afterwards -- another movie for producer Sandy Howard.

Strange kind of career, looks like he came to the U.S. and took whatever work he could get.
I suspect he needed a certain number of work credits on American productions -- any productions -- to qualify for the union in Hollywood. Personally I'd have rather stayed in England and offered my services to Granda TV or the like rather than shoot Vice Squad!
Then some of his later movies - WHITE WATER SUMMER? MIRACLES? BABY - SECRET OF THE LOST LEGEND looks like a masterwork compared to those (literally, lol).
I guess some of these British cameramen were just eager to work in Hollywood. Look at Alex Thomson, who shot Excalibur and Legend in the UK, and then came to Hollywood to shoot Date With An Angel!