Poltergeist II on Blu-Ray -$10 at Best Buy this Week

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Poltergeist II on Blu-Ray -$10 at Best Buy this Week

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Everywhere but the US apparently!

Cheapest - Amazon.de (about $16 not including shipping):

Not that III is a good movie, but I do enjoy II....Julian Beck was damn creepy!!

LET ME IN......................lol.

Eric W.

Re: Poltergeist II & III on Blu-Ray

#2 Post by Eric W. »

3 is hideous.

I thought 2 was very well done and it's worth watching it for Julian Beck indeed. And Goldsmith's excellent score, of course.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

I always liked II as well. Written by the same guys who did the first movie with Spielberg (produced by them also), so it has the "feel" of the original -- plus HR Giger's "Vomit Creature!" Obviously it was cut down and it has some silly sequences, but the Beck moments were more than disturbing and really effective.

III was just plain garbage all the way around, lol.

I will let you know how these fare. I'd probably have not bothered to import them except I have a few other titles I wanted to order from overseas, so I figured why not. MGM owns these movies everywhere so I'd guess we'll see them on Blu-Ray in the US in time for next Halloween.

Still a few weird MGM/Fox titles that have yet to be released in the USA like these and TORA TORA TORA, which has been issued everywhere but here.

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:I always liked II as well. Written by the same guys who did the first movie with Spielberg (produced by them also), so it has the "feel" of the original -- plus HR Giger's "Vomit Creature!" Obviously it was cut down and it has some silly sequences, but the Beck moments were more than disturbing and really effective.
For me, this was always a 2 movie series.

III was just plain garbage all the way around, lol.

I will let you know how these fare. I'd probably have not bothered to import them except I have a few other titles I wanted to order from overseas, so I figured why not. MGM owns these movies everywhere so I'd guess we'll see them on Blu-Ray in the US in time for next Halloween.
Very likely if not sooner.

Still a few weird MGM/Fox titles that have yet to be released in the USA like these and TORA TORA TORA, which has been issued everywhere but here.
I really just don't understand a lot of this nonsense.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Got my copies in from Germany (I hate III but figured I'd get it just to complete my collection) and both discs are 50gb AVC-encodes with DTS Master Audio and the original trailers.

POLTERGEIST II really looks terrific amongst the duo (III is so murky and badly shot there's only so much you can do with it, but it still looks excellent).

Given that they're both region-free and have a host of audio options on them I would anticipate that Fox will release them in North America probably around Halloween time.

If you can't wait, they've been released all over the place, from Hong Kong to Europe, and are pretty reasonably priced no matter where you go.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

$9.99 at Best Buy only this week --

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Poltergeist ... id=2186542