Amy Adams Cast as Lois Lane in SUPERMAN

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Amy Adams Cast as Lois Lane in SUPERMAN

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

I'll still take Erica Durance, but this is at least an improvement over Kate Bosworth and the other no-names they were considering. Adams was pretty awesome as a Lowell Mass. knucklehead in THE FIGHTER. :)

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.t ... s-superman

Monterey Jack

Re: Amy Adams Cast as Lois Lane in SUPERMAN

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Amy's a doll, and she'll no doubt get the "sassy" part of Lois' character down, but...a redhead as Lois? :? Why can't they cast ANY female role in a comic book movie and get an actress with the SAME HAIR COLOR as the character? Just like Emma Stone in the next Spider-Man movie (yes, I know she's a natural blonde, but she looks MUCH BETTER as a redhead).

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

And I still say this Lois is the best of them all. :D

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Yeah I'm with you MJ, she'll have to dye the hair -- though I think the red is fake...might be wrong (don't keep up with those things), but I thought I recall her saying the red is a dye job.

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote:Yeah I'm with you MJ, she'll have to dye the hair -- though I think the red is fake...might be wrong (don't keep up with those things), but I thought I recall her saying the red is a dye job.
Even if it is a dye job (like Emma Stone's), filmgoers have become accustomed to both actresses as redheads, so it baffles me why both are being cast as comic book heroines with completely different hair colors. Emma Stone would have made a wonderful Mary Jane Watson (both in terms of looks and overall appealing sassiness), and yet they've cast her as a blonde Gwen Stacey.

I honestly don't get it. Like when Jessica Alba not only had to wear a blonde wig to play Sue Storm in the Fantastic Four movies, she was even forced to wear blue contact lenses in the sequel, which just made her look creepy and bizarre.

Alba is a beautiful, olive-skinned Latina, and they cast her as a WASP-y all-American blonde?! :shock: Are you honestly telling me there were no ACTUAL BLONDES in Alba's age range that could have played thast role? What about Elisha Cuthbert? She can't act either, but at least she resembles the character's basic appearance in the comics without need to radically alter her hairstyle and overall ethnic background. Would you cast a white guy as Shaft, or a black guy as Bruce Lee, or a Chinese guy as Superman? :?

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Emma Stone's casting makes not a lick of sense. It also doesn't matter to me if she's a natural blonde -- she's actually much more attractive with darker brown hair. I've seen her with the (dyed) platinum blonde already and it does nothing for me.

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

Here's what scares me about this SUPERMAN movie.

Reading Zack Snyder say stuff like this...

"“It goes back to what I’ve said about Superman and making him really understandable for today. What’s important to us is making him relevant and real and making him empathetic to today’s audience so that we understand the decisions he makes.”"

So another filmmaker that feels the need to change Superman and make him "understandable." What a crock of BS. :roll: