I guess none of us bothered with the Oscars this year?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Chris Shaneyfelt

Re: I guess none of us bothered with the Oscars this year?

#16 Post by Chris Shaneyfelt »

You are so right, Paul - that three-note motif is laughable.
Last edited by Chris Shaneyfelt on Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris Shaneyfelt

#17 Post by Chris Shaneyfelt »

Monterey Jack wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:13 pm BWOM-BWOM-BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (repeat for 150 minutes).
LOL! :lol: So true!

AndyDursin

#18 Post by AndyDursin »

I wanted to refrain from commenting until I had watched this, but that three note motif...Paul is right.

To me it sounds like a Jumbotron sound effect gone wrong at a pro sporting event :lol: :lol:

Dramatically? How can anyone argue that it's effective?

I also found some of the score absolutely "clumsy" and "wacky" in the wrong way too, like when the German kids get drafted into the army, there's this weird "drumline" percussion that plays a little here and there. I was like, there's a marching band around somewhere? Is it in back of the characters? No, wait, it's just the score. :lol:

Paul MacLean

#19 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:51 am To me it sounds like a Jumbotron sound effect gone wrong at a pro sporting event :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen:

Some people are praising this score for being atypical and pushing the envelope (and deriding its detractors for having narrow, reactionary tastes).

But Bertelmann's "foghorn" sounds a lot like something nearly two decades old)...