Second Sight Dawn Of The Dead specs released

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

Second Sight Dawn Of The Dead specs released

#1 Post by Monterey Jack »

The day pre-orders go live...

Just the three soundtrack CDs of the Goblin and complete library tracks will make this a must have. :)

andy b

Re: Second Sight Dawn Of The Dead specs released

#2 Post by andy b »

Hey MJ, when can this be pre-ordered?

thanks

andy b

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

andy b wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:16 pm Hey MJ, when can this be pre-ordered?

thanks

andy b
It can't, at the moment. Second Sight was supposed to drop a pre-order link today along with the specs, but they're delaying it at the moment for obvious reasons. When the pre-order goes live, I'll make a note of it here. :) They'll be offering it in both Blu-Ray (region-locked) and UHD (region-free) flavors.

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

Pre-orders are live at several UK stores. Here's one from Base...

https://www.base.com/DVD/Dawn-of-the-De ... roduct.htm

https://www.base.com/DVD/Dawn-of-the-De ... roduct.htm

Ordered the Blu version (second link), which came to $65 and change in U.S. currency, which is a ridiculously reasonable price for four Blu-Ray discs, three CDs, and a thick booklet and novelization. :) I would imagine the 4K version (which will be region-free) will only cost about $10 or $15 more. I can't imagine the inevitable U.S. release coming close to being as definitive as this (the soundtrack CDs themselves add immeasurable value, especially to score nerds like us :P).

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

Had to buy a copy from a fellow member at Blu-Ray.com, and it arrived today. The packaging... :D Can't wait to dig into its tasty innards tomorrow... :twisted:

andy b

#6 Post by andy b »

you will not be disappointed, it is an amazing set & really worth the price.

I think the Anchor Bay set had a few more extras that have not made the port over to this edition, so I kept that as well.

The copies are excellent, all three version look great.

I know your sad about the cinemas being closed, so I hope this will bring some extra enjoyment into your days ahead.

regards
Andy b

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

andy b wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:41 pm
I know your sad about the cinemas being closed, so I hope this will bring some extra enjoyment into your days ahead.
ONE theater I have access to it still hanging in there, so hope is not completely lost. :) God willing we can get some actual summer blockbusters on screens five months from now...

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

I had to import Second Sight's Walkabout release from the label itself. It's a rough time trying to import, I have packages from November that haven't arrived. Actually I have packages domestically from last month yet to be delivered too. Usps slammed from record amounts of mail being processed.

Monterey Jack

#9 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:30 pm I had to import Second Sight's Walkabout release from the label itself. It's a rough time trying to import, I have packages from November that haven't arrived. Actually I have packages domestically from last month yet to be delivered too. Usps slammed from record amounts of mail being processed.
I had tried to order the UHD from Deep Discount, but they cancelled most (all?) U.S. orders of this. I only lucked out because a forum member at Blu-Ray.com got an extra copy of it by mistake (with only the tiniest of tears on the outer J-Card), and, instead of waiting to flip it on eBay, offered it to me for $95 shipped. :) It took foreeeeeeeeeeever to get it (it got stuck in Philly for the better part of two weeks before it started to move again), but arrived very securely-packed. Just idly flipping through the hard-bound book made me glad I splurged, because I doubt any eventual U.S. release will be as luxe and definitive as this. Dying to watch it tomorrow, as the transfer on the U.S. theatrical cut is said to be exemplary. One minor annoyance...there doesn't appear to be a track listing for the three soundtrack CDs contained within. :? But maybe it's buried inside the book, so who knows? I can always print out a track list if necessary.

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

The Providence USPS is a mess. Stuff has gone out of here OK but I have packages from NY from the beginning of December still waiting on delivery. It has been overwhelming for them all across the country given COVID, Christmas and everyone using the mail.

Problem for importing is the European Amazons only offer expensive shipping methods so it's much costlier now to order from overseas. I still never received my AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON set from Germany, nobody in the US has apparently. :(

Monterey Jack

#11 Post by Monterey Jack »

Watched the theatrical cut today. The UHD transfer...

Also watched the "Zombies & Bikers" feature, and will start picking away at the "Dissecting The Dead" book today on my break at work. It'll probably take me over a week to consume all of the flesh available in this set...and that's not even counting the three soundtrack CDs! :shock: I'm sure that a U.S. distributer, like Scream Factory or Arrow, will get access to this and release their own version at some point, but I can't imagine any version being more "definitive" than this. Grab it before its gone, because eBay scalpers are already shilling it for over twice what I paid. :x

Monterey Jack

#12 Post by Monterey Jack »

Greatly enjoying the included soundtrack CDs (listened to the Goblin album last night, currently perusing the first CD of engagingly cheesy De Wolfe library cues), but they couldn't have included track titles anywhere in the otherwise-voluminous included book? :? Yeah, I was able to find them online and print out a copy, but still. Great sound quality across all of these discs, which add tremendous collector's value to the set as a whole. :)