Disney to Layoff 7000; Disney+ Subs Fall For The First Time

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Disney to Layoff 7000; Disney+ Subs Fall For The First Time

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Rough Day for The Mouse.

Monterey Jack

Re: Disney to Layoff 7000; Disney+ Subs Fall For The First Time

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

...and, to the surprise of no one, Disney announces Zootopia 2, Frozen III and Toy Story 5(!) the same day. :roll:

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Of course though it's all diminishing returns. None of those movies are going to match their predecessors. Kids today don't really care much about Toy Story as a franchise I can say that from my own experience, so that announcement might as well be relegated to Disney+. I hated Zootopia and sure Frozen 3 will make some money but unless they bring Elsa fully out of the closet the lbqbqdhdh232+ community will be pissed. And if they do, plenty of people will also be pissed Disney can't stop their socioprogressiveliberalglobist views from marking everything they make now.

A smart person might acknowledge there's too much of it and thats whats impacting their numbers, but this is what they've got cooking on Disney+ right now...

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

I know they won't but I wish they would tank.

mkaroly

#5 Post by mkaroly »

Me too...but it just goes to show that the general population has a massive amount of power they don't often use...that power is in their wallets. If you don't like the agenda, stop paying for it...they will listen to money gains and losses, not complaining on social media or wherever else.

Eric W.

#6 Post by Eric W. »

mkaroly wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:22 am Me too...but it just goes to show that the general population has a massive amount of power they don't often use...that power is in their wallets. If you don't like the agenda, stop paying for it...they will listen to money gains and losses, not complaining on social media or wherever else.
Exactly. This goes for a lot of things.

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

mkaroly wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:22 am Me too...but it just goes to show that the general population has a massive amount of power they don't often use...that power is in their wallets. If you don't like the agenda, stop paying for it...they will listen to money gains and losses, not complaining on social media or wherever else.
The fact that "aggressively gay-friendly" movies like Lightyear and Strange World tanked, and Disney's scrambling to excise as much of Fleabag's denigration of Harrison Ford in the next Indiana Jones as possible before release shows that people's complaints about the company's direction over the last six or seven years is having a noticeable impact. :) Stop trying to pander to gays, POCs and women and just make GOOD MOVIES with no socio-political agendas, and the audiences will come back in droves. Disney used to be a trusted "seal of quality" for family entertainment, and they need to just entertain people again, instead of trying to position themselves as the Rosa Parks of movie studios. :?

Monterey Jack

#8 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:46 am A smart person might acknowledge there's too much of it and thats whats impacting their numbers, but this is what they've got cooking on Disney+ right now...

Uhhh, Disney used to make FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, right? :shock: Why would they think that parents want their kids watching that?!

And shouldn't the one white girl have been branded as racist for the crime of...uhhh, being white? Oh, wait, she's not a white MALE. :lol:

Edmund Kattak

#9 Post by Edmund Kattak »

This should help out a bit to get people to become "enthusiastic."

https://www.indiewire.com/news/breaking ... MzOTDHy5A8
Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

Remember when people thought this "digital revolution" meant subscribing to a studio based service was going to give you unlimited access to every one of their respective films until the end of time? :lol:

Disney lost 300,000 US subscribers to Disney+ in this quarter, and that was with a new MANDALORIAN season. Now they're saying LESS CONTENT in terms of both new AND archival/legacy programming? LOL

Edmund Kattak

#11 Post by Edmund Kattak »

AndyDursin wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:08 am Remember when people thought this "digital revolution" meant subscribing to a studio based service was going to give you unlimited access to every one of their respective films until the end of time? :lol:

Disney lost 300,000 US subscribers to Disney+ in this quarter, and that was with a new MANDALORIAN season. Now they're saying LESS CONTENT in terms of both new AND archival/legacy programming? LOL
I should have used the rolling eyes emoji for that article. I am trying to understand the business logic here. Are they saying that by removing certain content on D+ and merging the HULU stuff will yield an attractive short and long-term ROI for customers? I think they seem to forget that customers are basically investors as well and expect an ROI for what is shelled out to participate in the service. An ROI for customers is usually based on instant gratification, not something that will pay off at some period of time down the road. You may have a back-end investor who may be in it for the long-haul, but it's tough to get back the customer who feels disappointed by your service and cancels.
Indeed,
Ed